Monday, March 12, 2012

Fund Drive Fun Times Again!

Once again, I have volunteered to pull together some blog readers and Twitter followers to volunteer at the Louisville Public Media Fund Drive. The Loueyville time slot is 8p-11p on Thursday, April 5. I only need a small handful of volunteers to help out, so first come, first served.  Drop me an email at lou (at) loueyville.com. Last time we had so much fun. This time, I think it's just us for that time slot... so we'll have lots of time to chat and get to know each other. Kind of like a Tweet-up... with a purpose.

Why reinvent the wheel? Here's my post from the last Fund Drive:


It's that time again, Louisvillagers.


Louisville Public Media is gearing up for their fund drive in a couple of weeks. During the past few fund drives, online personalities have repeatedly said, "Give what you can. Give what Louisville Public Media is worth to you."  


Last fund drive, I realized I really can't afford to give what WFPL and WFPK are worth to me. They are the only radio stations I listen to. WFPL is the source of  all my non-online news (and the source of much of my online news as well through their blog).  I live in a very NPR world. I probably should pledge 10 times what I actually do in order to really "pay back" what WFPL and WFPK give to my life.


But I can't.


So last fund drive, I volunteered. Gave a little human capital to the pledge drive.  And it was a ton of fun.  And it would have been more fun if I'd been with friends.


So this fund drive I'm putting a little group of Readers of Loueyville together to volunteer to answer phones at the fund drive.  If you're interested in joining us, please drop me an email at Lou (at) Loueyville.com.


If you're reading this blog, you probably listen to one of our public radio stations. So I hope you consider giving back.  If you can't join us, volunteer to answer phones on your own.  Email: kwilkinson@louisvillepublicmedia.org for details.  You can also pledge in advance and be eligible for a drawing for a 13" MacBook Air. Just click the link or call 502-814-6565.

No comments: