Friday, August 28, 2009

Rocky Live!

I have a shameful pop culture confession to make: I have never seen The Rocky Horror Picture Show.  None of it. Or not more than the ten or fifteen continuous seconds that you sometimes see as clips on tv.  I've heard a few songs from the soundtrack.  I can sorta hum "Time Warp," and I know there's a dance associated with it, but I don't know the words or any of the moves.  "Let's do the Time Warp Again! Let's do the Time Warp Agaaaaain....!! MMmmm mmmm blahhh blahh hm..."
 
Yep. Nope.
 
So... questions: Would it behoove me to try to see the movie before I go see Pandora Production's live stage show?  Will I feel super out of touch if I go to the musical as a Rocky Horror virgin?  Do I need to bring toilet paper and.... uh... bread?
 
Help a sister out, readers. 
 
The Rocky Horror Show will be at the Henry Clay Building in the Bunbury Theater September 24-October 4 at 7:30pm.  The Pandora Productions website doesn't have the actual schedule up yet, but usually their shows are Thursday night through Sunday night with maybe a matinee. I'm sure they'll add the actual dates/times soon.
 
PS: My other shameful pop culture confession: I've never seen Fast Times at Ridgemont High either.  I know! Crazy, huh? And that's my last confession, I think.  My pop culture soul is now clean.  I feel like a better woman already.
 

No comments: