Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Will Lavender at Carmichael's

New York Times best-selling novelist (and Louisvillager), Will Lavender, will be appearing at the Frankfort Avenue Carmichael's this Thursday at an event celebrating the release of his newest thriller Dominance.

The brief blurb on the Carmichael's website has me intrigued:
Set on a college campus in 1994, with a controversial night class, Unraveling a Literary Mystery, taught from prison by literature professor Richard Aldiss, who was serving a life sentence for murdering two female grad students 12 years before, Dominance is an outstanding psychological thriller.
Lavender is a friend of Roommate's and has taught at Writers Retreat Workshop.  I haven't had the pleasure of meeting him, but I look forward to seeing him on Thursday.  I plan on taking his first book, Obedience, which has been on my to-read list forever, with me on my month-long trip.

The event starts at 7pm and is, of course, free.  Hope to see you there.

No comments: