Saturday, July 9, 2011

Out of Office: See Y'all in August

So long... farewell...

If you're a regular reader of this blog, you'll know that I'm gearing up to head out of town for a month while I attend a Super Awesome Adult Nerd Literary Camp.

Jinkies, folks. I've spent the whole day mired in some serious pre-trip anxiety.  Worry worry worry, fret fret.  I do this every time I travel, but this one feels especially hard.

I'll be gone for a month or so, and that feels like a really long time. And frankly, I've been having a really great time in Louisville this summer.  I haven't done as much "stuff" as I wanted, but I've been spending time with my awesome family of friends, and I hate pulling the plug on that for a month. I haven't had a group of friends this big since college, and I don't think I've had a group of friends I've liked this much since... ever. Also, I'm embarking on an adventure where I'll be spending 21+ days with 20+ strangers, and I'm not really a people person. (Yes, it may seem that that statement contradicts the one that precedes it. But it takes me a long time to warm up to people.  I've warmed up to my Louisville friend family.)  I just had a conversation about this with Roommate.  He said, "What are you so afraid of?"

Me: "Mean people."

Roommate: "Don't worry. You'll probably be the meanest one there."

Thanks, dude.

Anyway, I'm not sure how well information flows through the internet tubes in Virginia City, NV, where I will be for two weeks. But you can probably expect a slow-down in posting here on Loueyville.com.  Honestly, I don't know what the Verizon service will be like too, so you can probably expect a slowdown on the Tweetybox as well.

More importantly, because I'm not going to be in town til August, I won't have my ear to the ground about upcoming events and goings-on in town.  So if you hear of good stuff you think I should be posting about, please email me stat at lou (at) loueyville.com.  Or just email me to say hi.

In the meantime, follow me on Twitter (@loueyville) to hear about my adventures in Nevada and then in Connecticut (and then all over New England as I visit the New England Lous).  I'll miss you folks.  Have a fabulous July, and try not to have too much fun without me.

No comments: