This past Monday was "Blue Monday;" supposedly the third monday of January is the most depressing day of the year. As it happened to coincide with a day off, I didn't feel the full thrust of the cosmic tug toward the dark side. But I swear, there's something to it. Maybe it's Blue Monday a little late, or maybe it's just the oppressive GRAY that we've been experiencing in Louisville, but I'm more than a little out of sorts these days. So what better time than a clearinghouse post of all the good things coming up here in town?
- You know one thing I love about Louisville in January? Consuming Louisville's "One Thing I Love About Louisville" series.
- Speaking of Michelle Jones: Next week Let Them Tweet Cake is taking a field trip to LVL1 to build our own mintiboosts. If you're a nerdy chick, you need to be there. Read this great article about LVL1 in the LEO.
- Got the blues? I do. So it's a good thing Actors Theatre is breaking out Ma Rainey's Black Bottom this week. It runs through February 13.
- Feel like banging your head against a wall? How about a just a little head-banging? I can't believe how excited I am to see Broadway Across America's Rock of Ages next week. It's at the Kentucky Center from January 25-30, and it sounds like it will be good, pure, goofy fun.
- There's another IdeaFestival sponsored adult spelling bee at Zanzabar next week on the 27th.
- According to the folks at the Visitor and Conventions Bureau, we'll be seeing some additions to the Urban Bourbon Trail in the near future.
- Speaking of bourbon: Baxter Station is now open on Mondays and features a special "Bourbon Flights & Bourbon Bites" menu. Door prizes, visits with Master Distillers, and other special events. This looks like it's poised to be a regular Monday night thing for yours truly!
What did I miss? Here's hoping for snow days and blue skies and good friends and warm places for all of us... soon! Get out there and do something fun.